sábado, marzo 20, 2004

New phone...
I LOVE my new phone. The only drawback is that it's not a present from my brother (my last phone was), however it's a very good phone and we're already quite attached.

I've had tremendous luck here running into people I know on the street. I can't even explain the joy of it. Today I met up with my old friend A- de Francia. I had forgotten how wonderfully calming his eyes are. Such a beautiful person from the inside out. It struck me that in my life I've only met two people with eyes like that- deep as the ocean as if you could read several lifetimes if you looked into them long enough. D- de Salta is the other one. It's enchanting and calming to meet other old souls in such a world of young ones.

Catching up with A- was the most beautiful and inexplicable experience. I've been feeling a little insecure, and ashamed lately because I have no plans to speak of and haven't for almost a year. Well, I've MADE lots of plans, but they always fall through as God points me in a different direction. It's my biggest lesson of the year- just trust where God leads me. It has been embaressing though to explain to my friends over and over again that my plans have changed and I am not coming to see them. South America changed me so much, it's been difficult to get used to 1st world countries again. I haven't felt presentable to "polite" company.

A- was wonderful for this. He has the most wonderful way of reminding me that all of these things are just waves in the ocean- diverting for a moment and then gone for another. None of it really matters except as much as we think it does. The best part about our conversations is that they seem to transfer through our eyes, direct from soul to soul. We verbalised the biggest events (more or less) of the two years since we last met, but more than anything I think talking between us is just a cover for what passes between our eyes. Indeed, there were long moments when we said nothing at all but just read what was in the other's eyes.

For those of you who have ever experienced this, you'll understand and be glad. For those who haven't, maybe you will in the future, or no. If you want to approximate the idea, read the end of the Lord of the Rings, (the end of Return of the King) where Galadriel, Celeborn, Elrond and Gandalf sat for a long time in silence with thoughts passing between them in a way that only old immortals can. It wasn't quite as clear as all that- but the idea is similar.

I'll see him again tomorrow, and then who knows when. It's truly wonderful to encounter someone who calms you to your core.

my time is nearly up on this computer, so I bid you all a wonderful night. besos a todos