martes, mayo 11, 2004

first morning back in spain

May 5th, 2004

I chose the bar specificly because of its size. I felt sure it would have a large bathroom.

You see, although warned that I must get up before 10am this morning because a man was coming to install an airconditioner, I forgot about the time change. At 10:00am I got up, and got dressed in the bathroom which unfortunately had TWO men outside the unclosable window, brushed my teeth and the water was shut off 2 seconds before I'd planned to spit...

So, here I sit with a cortado (traditional spanish coffee), tortilla (traditional spanish omelette), pan con tomate (traditional Catalan bread), my guitar and backpack in tow.

-oh, and yes, the bathroom was sufficiently large and clean to put my stuff down and wash my face, etc :-)