jueves, febrero 16, 2006

feeling loopy

Goodness, I was going to write something big and meaningful or at least descriptive, but the drugs I'm on to keep me breathing are making me super loopy.

So, I will sum up:
Today
I did a snorkeling tour. Apparently the islands here generally don't have clear water, it's only one particular island which does. I did a tour there and it was like the Maldives on a really bad visibility day. There were tons of juvenile black tip sharks, but they are so used to being fed that they behave funny. I've never seen so many sharks in hunting mode so early in the day. I also saw a five foot long barracuda; which thankfully I saw from above the water and not in it, although one odd American wanted to get close to it to get a picture. The reason for the cloudiness in the water is because there are just so many plankton. This adds to the problem of snorkeling because tons of plankton feel like stinging nettles all over your body. After an hour, I had had enough of the plankton and came out to relax, write and dry off.

I know, sounds dreadful, but I actually had a lovely day. It's true that I only spent one of four hours actually snorkeling, but it was enough to compare to the Maldives, which is the only place I've ever snorkeled. Now I know it's really one of the best, and I know why. Other than that, I relaxed watching the happy snorkelers and the fish in the light green lagoon.

Tomorrow I'm going abseiling, then the day after will be my last day before returning to KL. I think I'll have time for one more tour: caves, the jungle and an eagle island.

It's been a grand holiday. Pictures to follow.