martes, febrero 28, 2006

photos from a gypsy gemini


It's been a long while since my server with photos has been down. I've just put up a few pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/willowv/
More are forthcoming. For now, I just put up ones that I thought were particularly interesting. In a way these photographs mark a major change in me. I've always steered toward geometric shapes and architectural shots, waiting for long periods of time to make sure that there were no people in my pictures. Something has happened to me in my travels: I've really grown to love people and see their inner beauty shine through. I think it shows in the photographs.

I still maintain that photographs, although personal to the photographer, ought to stand on their own and convey a feeling or move the observer. Photographs of people should tell a story of a moment or a life. I hope I've accomplished that in some small way. Your comments are welcome both here and emailed to me personally.