viernes, julio 11, 2003

Chinese massage and a drunk
Today I was sitting in the studio studying for class when I rubbed my neck. I've had headaches for the last three days. Johnny immediately said that he knew of a girl that did very good massages for 20 soles for 1 and 1/2 hours. Ok. Cool. He gave me her card and I thought I would call the next day maybe.

Ten minutes later he disappeared and then reappeared with the girl. Oh. Ok. Wow. Sure. 30 soles for 1 and 1/2 hours...mm, bit much but I really have been in a lot of pain. Agreed. The guys cleared the studio and I lay down on osme cushions on the floor.

It wasn't so much a a massage as acupressure healing- which in my book is better. I really needed it. Enigma playing in the background, the guys all left the studio to this girl and I. Very interesting lying there shirtless on the floor of the basement studio (in winter) staring up at the Incan walls that surrounded me. I made significant eye contact with an Incan mask for quite some time.

At the end, suddenly Jose (another of the Maui Tat2 motley crew) stumbled in unbelievably drunk. he was speaking in English (sort of) and falling in every direction at once. He was also feeling the desire to be amorous. Ay yah. We tried to get him to sit down without any luck. Realizing that he was much too big for the two of us and a bit dangerous to himself and anything near, I ran to find Miguel and the crew.

No one was anywhere to be seen!! I even checked other shops for friends of Miguel. At the last minute as I was returning to the studio Tattoo saw me and came running. I think he sensed something was wrong. Everyone else came running after. When we got back, Cuquena was upstairs (safe) and Jose was in the bathroom (the bog of eternal stench). I was thankful for that- she was really shaken at being left alone. I didn't like to do it- but we needed HELP.

The guys together managed to subdue Jose and made him sit for a bit, while wishing there was a camera nearby, then took him home in a cab. Grin.