martes, octubre 19, 2004

the afternoon is full of dreams, my love

The sun has returned, the sea is as a mirror reflecting another world within. From the jetty one can see a wealth of life: sea turtles, stingrays, sharks, giant clams, coral and many brightly colored, spotted, striped and seemingly painted fish of all shapes and sizes.

I have just finished my first set of English courses and am in the process of typing up certificates of completion and achievement. Today and tomorrow are to be spent administering the TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication). Thursday will be more typing and sorting of records, then packing my bag, swinging my guitar over my shoulder and heading to the airport for my first earned holiday!

I will be heading to Sri Lanka, my 22nd country to date. I will spend two weeks discovering the ancient cities, shrines and Buddhist temples. The first few days will be spent with a friend doing the tamer touring, but after she heads home, I plan to do some serious trekking in the jungles around the ancient cities, and possibly some white water rafting.

Stay tuned!