miércoles, noviembre 10, 2004

my first officially published works

I've just been published in MacMillan's TEFL Magazine. I'm very excited. Here is the link:

http://www.onestopenglish.com/english_teacher_diary/willow.htm

You can cut and paste, or simply click on the title of this entry and be taken directly to the webpage.

Comments are welcome. I will be writing one or two pieces a month for their new feature, "Diary of an English Teacher". For those of you that are curious, it will also give you another window into my life on an island in the Maldives. Most of my day is spent teaching after all, and my writing about life in general has suffered because of it. Hopefully this will mend that and inspire me to keep pushing the limits and painting with words.

This was a surprise job. I was reading the magazine one day and the publisher asked for submissions for a new feature. My piece was shortlisted from a few hundred. I was asked to submit another piece and...the rest is history (and cache).