jueves, marzo 16, 2006

happiness...

I'm fantastically happy at this moment. No, today wasn't a great day. I woke up 5 hours early (and only 3 hours after going to sleep) with a stomachache and the terrible knowledge that although I was so tired it hurt to be awake, I also wasn't going to be able to sleep again. (They've been doing drilling outside on the wall next to my bed beginning early in the morning everyday for more than a week.)

An hour later, I got a call that the boxes of English class supplies and textbooks not only hadn't been moved to the other island, but it had rained heavily on them. So...several hours before anyone is used to seeing me, I was outside face unwashed, teeth unbrushed, hastily unpacking destroyed boxes, packing things into new boxes which I had to find, calling a mate on the other island to pick them up at the jetty when they were delivered and seeing them over there myself just in case anything went wrong. I still have to go and lay the books out to dry. They're wrecked, but still photocopiable.

No, it's not circumstantial, it's internal. I'm supremely happy. Some things in my life are going to change, and I have some wonderful stops before they do.

Tonight? I've a cocktail party with the same dull superficial conversations that I've had twice a week at cocktail parties for nearly two years and then I'm going to play guitar and sing with a good friend until late.

It's a wonderful thing to have happiness flowing through your veins. It's like a spiritual raincoat. Everything just rolls right off of you. I will tell more later, but for now I will say nothing because I'm superstitious about talking about things before they happen.

I just wanted to share because so many of you reading this have written me such supportive letters and emails, not to mention the sweetest packages I've ever received as I had a very hard year last year. I promise to write more beautiful things soon. Thank you for all of your support through the good and the bad. I enjoy writing for you.