sábado, julio 15, 2006

my adventures madrid so far...

I arrived in Madrid after not having slept in two days and a long (12ish hours) drinking session that ended only when I checked in.

I spent most of the day riding the metro and staring into space, pausing only to get off, walk around or sit staring into space.

Paloma, the woman who rented me a room for these days, spoke English; my flatmates did not. I have no idea who my flatmates are, but I did meet one from Andalucia...it turns out that I REALLY don't understand the accent, but he was very friendly and chatty none-the-less and I asked him questions about the parts of the conversation I actually understood and made enthusiastic noises the rest of the time.

There's NOTHING in the neighborhood where I'm staying except for a few tiny very overpriced markets. I've lived off of a can of tuna, a couple of bananas, a jar of garbanzo beans, a box of juice and a can of olives for days.

*Note for the guys* there are a great many beautiful women's asses in Madrid

Today I missed seeing one flat, saw two others and loved the second flat and was very attracted to the man (45 yrs old) in the first flat.

I really like the barrio of the 2nd flat. It's the first barrio (neighborhood) that I've liked so far. I've walked 10 hours today in high heels with 14 kgs of books on my (poor) back.

The second flatmate I met was Juan and looks just like the nicer of the two con men in Nueve Reinas (Nine Queens- brilliant film from Argentina). We laughed and joked until late last night and then I dyed my hair to get rid of the roots. It was horrible. I don't know why, but the roots turned brilliant orange, the rest of the hair went darker brown than before and the highlights turned yellow and orange!!

After work, instead of feeding my poor screaming stomach, I walked into the first hairdressers´I saw and asked them to fix it. They had to dye it twice to finally get rid of the orange. Now, it's fairly uh...well...black. I'll try to fix/change it to a more natural color in the next month or so as I've got money.

I had four (small) beers today in record time. (If you know me, you know that I can drink one beer for everyone else's two-three...so it was my record, not yours.)
My feet hurt.
I'm going home now.