lunes, septiembre 15, 2003

Something's missing...
I'm in London. After a few days here I thoroughly emptied my bag and discovered that a couple of things were missing. The top pocket arrived to London slightly open, which I checked quickly at the time but didn't notice anything and wanted to get out of the airport before they realised I was smuggling half the desert cleverly hidden in the fibers of my unwashed jackets. Upon closer examination, I realised that the pocket had been rifled through, my epilator (a little machine like an electric razor to remove hair in the most painful possible way) was gone, and then the thief continued to browse, eventually opening up a sealed ziplock bag and removing a tube of lipstick before resealing the bag and leaving the pocket half-open as if the things fell out of their own accord.

My phone had been snagged at an earlier date by someone who had REALLY gone through my bag. The joke's on them though. One, they forgot the power supply and have a chip that only works in New Zealand. They'll have to buy a new chip and power supply to find out that, two, the phone is rather moody and has a mind of its own. It sometimes doesn't like to talk and so it won't ring, and other times forgets to give you your messages for a couple of days.

As for the stuff snagged by airline personnel...luckily I don't feel violated. I mean, if someone needed lipstick so badly that they took a stranger's used tube, they're welcome to it. The epilator...well, I'm bummed about that...however, they forgot the power supply.

Unfortunately for me, my travel insurance requires that you have the original receipt of purchase, warranty cards, manuals...name of the inventor, their mother's maiden name...pictures of you using the thing, the name of the person who sold it to you...name of their pet goldfish...
well, you get the picture. Impossible to claim really.