viernes, noviembre 12, 2004

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

What I want most in life is to be able to look back and say there wasn’t anything I regret, no chances I didn’t take, and nothing I passed up. Life is to short to be spent asking yourself "what if?" What if I had tried harder, done more, been better. There are many things beyond our control that keep us from our dreams, but fear is the worst, and we bring it upon ourselves. Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary describes fear as "A painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger." Fear can hold you in a grip so tight you feel as though there is no way to escape it, but overcoming it gives a gratifying sense of triumph and pride. Life is a journey and full of scary things, but there is no breaking new ground without leaving the beaten path.

-unknown


I don't remember where I found this snippet. If you read this and know, please tell me so that I can properly credit it.