miércoles, agosto 17, 2005

how cruel is love
















how cruel is love
how faithless
as i write to the silence
the sound of your voice fades
my resolve leaves me
like particles of light and dark in the wind
do i face the cold
why

it is not for you
beloved of lifetimes past
you are nothing
you give nothing
yet you are in the very fibres of my being
why

i will seek you
across the cold wastelands of time
though torn and tattered
i will rise like a phoenix
from the ashes of your snow
why

i will seek your face
and from your eyes
take back the threads of myself
i will leave you
closing the door
that has tormented
and followed me since our meeting
why

i will storm your ice fortress with a sword of fire
and take back what i foolishly, unknowingly lost
my heart will be restored to its chest
which has echoed hollow and cold since we met
blood will once more warm a body long cold
why

i will live again

-willow, june 2005