miércoles, diciembre 15, 2004

drunk and unhappy

After several hours of classes, after which I have hours of midterm exams to grade, I was invited to a "wine tasting" by my friend Coy with an American guest who lives in Australia. What I didn't know is that this guy was hungering for a woman.

He began as soon as I sat down. Mostly went on about my hair and refinement. I just laughed and said they must have given him quite bit to drink before I got there. I downed a glass of wine. He kept complimenting. Why? I look fantastic after about three drinks. I said as much.

After another five minutes he began emphasizing sentences by rubbing my thigh. I moved my chair further away. He followed. Began stressing that he was a humble guy. Hoped I realised how humble he was. I was not impressed. Took another glass of wine followed immediately by a third then a fourth to curb my sharp tongue.

As the thigh rubbing continued, I began rubbing Coy's thigh as a pointed statement of "How could he?" and "Revenge is forth coming". Coy made his excuses and left.

My tongue was getting ever more endanger of saying something extraordinary to our guest despite the constant drowning by wine. Chef and Cyrille were aware of this and trying to distract him. More thigh rubbing, chair moving and another glass of wine. After a bit he and Chef really began getting into it. The guest started bragging about how the reason why he was so successful is that he didn't like anglo-saxon women. The more he went on about this, the closer I got to Cyrille, who eventually put his arm around me in a protective way and he and I spent the rest of the time insulting the guy in Spanish. Que cabron!

Luckily I made it away eventually. Unfortunately for me, the alcohol (grand total six glasses of wine in just over an hour) really kicked in well after I had gone. Which leaves me here at past 4am drunk and unhappy about it....

I'm going to kill Coy tomorrow.