jueves, marzo 03, 2005

write me...

Life is art. There are many kinds of art- some like modern and chic, others prefer it to show the uglier side of things. Some feel that art is a sculpture, others a painting, still others a performance. Whatever way we mold, shape, or paint it, it's ours. A beautiful gift that is only ours. Others may influence, but ultimately we must be the ones to decide what our art is. We should celebrate what we make.

If life is art, what of time? When we are small, minutes seem like hours, and an hour to play seems like only 5 minutes. A year is an eternity, and yet even then we find that a year is over before we know it. After 18, time begins to speed up, and yet we hit so many speedbumps that we wonder if we'll ever get through it. After 23...24...25...suddenly a year is nothing much. We feel like it ought to be significant, but we know it won't be. It will sail past us like a tall ship in a good wind.

The best thing in my life is that I have loved. I love. If "to love another person is to see the face of God.." Then it's no wonder I see God everywhere. I have felt for a long time now that I'm lucky to know the best people on the planet. My family, the friends I've had, the friends I have...how blessed I am!

In the last few months, and especially since the Tsunami, old friends have found me and gotten in touch. Still others (I think) have checked up on my life from my webpage and not written.

If you're reading this, and it's been awhile since you've talked to me, write me. Take a few minutes of your time to let me know how you are, where you are, what you're doing now and what you've done in the time since we last talked. Never worry that your life isn't interesting enough to write about. I LOVE to hear about whatever it is that you are doing. I just got the most wonderful letter in the world recently from a friend I hadn't spoken to in years. She's chosen to make an art of being a mother. She wrote me about her children, her husband and her life...I've read the letter over and over again, it made me so happy. It's a different life, not as exciting or glamorous as some...but beautiful, so very beautiful.

Don't worry about how much time has passed. Time means nothing. I hadn't seen her for 13 years. Someone else wrote me recently that I hadn't seen in 8 years. I chatted with yet another a couple of nights ago that I hadn't seen in 3 years. Time changes nothing...unless of course it simply makes the heart grow more fond.

So...write me. :-)

If you prefer the old fashioned post,

Willow Vanderbosch
Banyan Tree
Vabbinfaru, North Male Atoll
Republic of Maldives

These days I am actually responding by post...hey, I live on an island the size of a football field! I like the personal contact.

All contact welcome. Tell me your story. :-)