lunes, diciembre 20, 2004

wild man of borneo

I always wondered what that phrase meant, "You don't look like a wild man of Borneo."

Well, this New Years I'm off to find out.

I'm leaving for KL, Malaysia on Wednesday. From there I'll take the train to Singapore where I'll spend a couple of days exploring. From Singapore I will take the ferry to Bintan, Indonesia on Christmas day for a party with a friend. Luxury resort Bintan being too expensive for me, I'll skip back over to Singapore on the 26th and then off to Sarawak, on the island of Borneo to spend the next week or so jungle trekking, caving and kayaking.

The more I look at the available information on Borneo, the more excited I am! It's one of the safest destinations in the world and most of the tropical diseases have been eradicated in Sarawak. I will plan my routes once I get to Kuching. Right now I think I'll spend most of my time in (World Heritage Listed) Mulu National Park, which has some of the largest caves in the world, and possibly the longest cave system.

Click on the title of this entry to be taken to an overview of trekking in Sarawak and all of its parks.

More to follow!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Years to all!